Click here for the 2011 reunion pics!


Nov 4, 2008

Message Board

I have created a new feature for the blog which I hope will be of use to both new and regular readers, fingers crossed it will work !

You should be able to go to the link and exchange your messages there after creating your account. I don't intend for the message board to replace the blog in any way, as I enjoy working on the blog so much! it is just an added feature.
So please continue to view Lloret Old Stuff as before, as I will still be here putting on the photos just as often.

All I ask is that you don't abuse the site by using bad language etc, I must say that all comments and emails I have received so far have been of nothing but praise for the blog and also when you have all spoke about each other....so thanks for that!

Here is the link...Message Board Good Luck, hopefully it works !
You will also find another link at the top of the page in the blog description.

Today's picture taken out side the Prince of Wales & Colin's Cabin is from 'Omelet'

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think the girl in Skol T shirt was called Irene,
Anyone remember Colins Cabin being the Birmingham fish and chip shop ? (i think).
Maggie x.

Anonymous said...

I remember someone from colin's cabin was joking about how he wanted to nobble the brakes of a moped belonging to someone he disliked . There was a crowd of us listening and someone asked "why don't you just give him one of your dinners?"

Anonymous said...

anyone out there remember when justin dee run the cabin 4 colin about 89 he had a girl called karen working 4 him is she still in lloret she also worked in colins cottage and sportsman her mums name was molly her dads name was dave last time i was in lloret they were helpin tony in the copper kettle

Jackie said...

Hi Craig, Yes, Karen is still in town.
Bad news though I'm afraid Molly sadly died after being ill for a while just before Christmas. Dave & Molly retired a year or two back from the Copper Kettle, its a shame they didnt have more years together to enjoy their retirement.

Anonymous said...

thanks jackie 4 letting me no if u bump into karen say i said hello i live in benidorm now glad i found this site

Anonymous said...

anyone out there got any memories of colins cottage was called bar rita b 4 colins i worked there 89 90 last i heard colin was living in lloret blau cheers

Anonymous said...

God it is years since I thought of Bar Ritas. Remember the menus all over the wall

Anonymous said...

I remember the Birmingham Fish and Chip Shop the first year I worked in Lloret in 1973. I went on my first date with my future husband Jimmy Mac (Swansea) for his birthday meal. It was delicious although I cant remember the owners names. Think the woman may have been called Irene???? Chris (Manchester)

craig said...

hi jackie doing a great job on the site trying 2 put colins cottage onto featured bars bit but no luck if u ever bump into scottish linda works rabbies say hello 4 me craig from sportsman 87 to 91 season cheers

Anonymous said...

yes the girl in the skol tshirt is Irene Howcutt from Sheffield

canveycraig said...

anyone out there worked at colins cottage or cabin late 80s when justin dee vran the cabin keily or linda from grimsby anyone no there whereabouts

Anonymous said...

Nice bit of sign writing for Colin's Cabin.
Justin were are you now?
Does anyone remember Justin Dee on roller skates in the Cerdanya 81/82?
I will seek out photos, I'm sure I have some somewhere.

Anonymous said...

i remember irene being a cockney from romford

Anonymous said...

I worked in Colins cottage '89 - '91, they referred to me as little Colin. Sorry to read about Molly passing away. Whwn I first arrived a fella called Askey (Anthony Askwith) ran Colins Cabin for a while inbetween running beach parties.