Click here for the 2011 reunion pics!


Oct 4, 2009

No Photos Today !!

Just a quick post ....
As you know, I've recently been looking for some information on the 'old' Costa Encantada Hotel where Tony in Australia used to stay with his family back in the 50s and early 60s. I did manage to get a little more news for him today, along with a copy of this old brochure which may be of interest to everyone else... click on the pics to enlarge and look at the prices!
I'll give more details later of where I found this and what I found out for him so far.

7 comments:

debbie said...

What strikes me is the prices for an 8 day stay are more or less the same!

debbie said...

I meant the same as they are today:O

Jackie said...

Yes, we do hear of cheap deals these days, but back then there was only the brochure price and thats what you paid, maybe the equivalent of 2+ weeks wages for some people. Those prices also include travel and transfers.
If you read the writing in blue ink which the people have done, it looks as though they were planning on staying in the La Palmera at a cost of £52.13.0 for 2 people !

Anonymous said...

La Palmera still there as is Bella Dolores, stayed in The Reces in the 80s (nice place) and The Montserrat this July, still cheap cheerful and CLEAN ! big hotels should take note !!!!.
Maggie x

Jackie said...

And not one of those are doing 'All Inclusive' deals, as you get today. Will the 'all Inc' last as long ?
I dont think so...or should I say let's hope not!

pat murphy said...

I wonder if there any of the reps from those days are out there still either living in and around lloret or reading the blog, bit of a journey on the airport transfer wasn't it, but what an interesting journey coming through the border crossing and then down to lloret

Linda said...

Talking of reps anyone remember Wynn and Lyndy {think that was her name }
did the 18-30 welcome meetings in the pub 33,