Click here for the 2011 reunion pics!


Dec 12, 2009

The Magnificent 6?

Thanks to Phil McDermott for these photos, these are the 1st two from the very good selection which he sent me for the blog. Phils email can be read underneath the 2nd photo....


''hi! my names phil mcdermott,

i worked with the boys in 74&75 in the Rabbies and then Las Cuevas. Phil McCaffrey put me on to your site
and for the first time in a long time brought back lots of great memories. guys I worked with included Alan Hyland,Totti O'Neil, Alan McNicol, Joe Nellis, Archie Keith Boo Boo,Tam Jenkins, Big Jimmy(Highlander) Walter of course (Mi Madre Fae Eberdeen)

In 73 I worked in the Britannia with Jimmy Foley and Jimmy Plumb
happy memories of all these guys, sadly, recently told of the death of
Jimmy Hughes, R.I.P. Jimmy, A real Diamond. Iwill attach some pics if my skills are up to it. great site, well done''

5 comments:

phil said...

the top foto (inspired by The Doobie Bros. album Long Train Running)was taken at Rancho Cheyenne near Blanes, the Magnificent Seven included Tony Batey(somebody had to take the foto) the Cuevas crew rode there most sundays and tony had a swagger stick with a concealed 12" blade attached to the handle. why?? I was too scared to ask.
Walter being an Injun rode bareback.L to R were
boo boo.alan mcnicol,alan hyland,walter coutts myself and totti o'neil.

jill said...

Some of the horses look positively anorexic!!! I can remember when Watson used to go horseriding, he always had a tale to tell when he got back

jill said...

I shared a flat with Tam Jenkins in 76. Him and Krista live in Seattle now and he has a pool hall. I have told them about the reunion and you never know, they might make it, they did the last one.

jordi said...

hi phil. why was archie kieth called "boo boo". he is an old mate of mine from greenock though i've not seen him for about 30 years. you and me shared a room for a short time above the highlander. if i remember correct, you left to go to scandanavia? that would have been 1975. i was working in the moby dick. george stewart.

phil mcd. said...

sorry George, BooBoo was actually Rab Carrick from
East Kilbride,Archie only ever answered to
Hey! Handsome!!