Click here for the 2011 reunion pics!


Dec 6, 2009

Moby Dick

Thanks to Garry for sending this photo from 1973, it maybe a little too early for most of you out there!

Here's what Garry said in his email....

''Just found the site,brings back some memories, I worked there in 1973 had various jobs washing dishes,waiter attached photo taken in Moby Dick 16.5.1973 I am on the far right.I went with Paul and Dawn (second/third from left) Paul was DJ at Moby for most of Summer. I have not been back to Spain untill last year went to La Zenia, didn't want to come home Best RegardsGary Tombs (Nottingham)''


7 comments:

Tam said...

Thank you for this photo, I was working in the Schooner Bar 1973, were Paul and Dawn from Devon/Cornwall area? You can email me at tomandliz@hotmail.com
Thanks again

Anonymous said...

Tom,

No they were from Nottingham

Gary

David said...

Hi Gary, remember you I sure wasn't this the year Jimmy (Sparrow) was also working the Moby?

Unknown said...

I used to spend my holidays in the Moby Dick and the Pink Panther...great times.
anyone know of whereabouts of Howard Hughes and Nigel ?

Unknown said...

Just found this whilst reminiscing did a search on Howard Hughs Duo lloret and your post came up I spent two weeks in the Moby Dick with our school trip in 73 we were from Manchester remember DJ playing Rock a round the Clock for us all and Drifters records every night Highlight was Howard Hughs Duo his partner in the duo had a girlfriend in Ardwick Manchester remember him giving me a letter to post to her when I got home great days for a 16 year old.think there were other good bars like 007 and Londoner but we never got past Mobys. Bladdered on Bacardi and or Pernod most of the day

Jackie said...

Hi, thanks for your comment, Lloret old stuff is also on Facebook now..you will find a link on the home page. Or just Google “Lloret de Mar old stuff Facebook”

cuthy said...

Wow yeah loved Mobey Dick I worked in Londoner and Duke Of York 1982 for 8 months amazing times. Lived in Mini Bar Pension