Click here for the 2011 reunion pics!


Sep 21, 2010

Photos from Norman.

Norman has sent in some of his photos taken during his time in Lloret 1966 - 1975.
He is now in Australia and has just found Lloret Old Stuff!
In his email he asks about people who were here at that time.
Hopefully some of you can answer Normans questions ..........


From Norman...
 
 I have only recently discovered your page about Lloret and it has sparked lots of fond memories of my time there from 1966 to 1975. It is really wonderful to see, thanks so much.
 For a number of years I was the manager of The Prince of Wales, under Graham Leslie Young and Isobel Perez Escartin, who were both business and person partners. 
My question therefore is. What happened to Graham and Isobel? My understanding is that Graham is still in Lloret but that Isobel left many years ago, do you know if this is true?
I have attached a few photos which may be of interest.

The people in them are where? I do not know, perhaps still in Lloret?

The first photo is of myself with Isobel and Mac behind the bar of the Prince of Wales. I wonder what happened to Mac as well?

The second photo is of Isobal and a guy who's name I think is Lance?






6 comments:

debbie said...

Graham is still in the Moef in the capacity of owner as far as I know...I don't know where Isobel moved on to, but I imagine he does, as I think after they split they shared their business interests for a while.
Best to come over for a holiday and ask him, bet he'd love to see you.

Norman aka Nobby said...

I would love to come over but Australia is a long way and a lot of money away, unfortunately.

If, and it's a big if I know, anyone, ever, somehow, someway, meets with Graham, could they please tell him I'd love to hear from him, and also dearly love to know what happened to Isobel.

I know it's a long shot, but nothing ventured, nothing gained I guess?

Perhaps Colin, might know something?

Anonymous said...

hi norman, we must have worked together, (think it was for a short time) 1974 you went home very early in the season, (cant remember why) you lived over the bar,glad your still around,hows life down under, is skippy still alive ? . regards Finbarr Smyth

Norman said...

Hi Finbarr.....I remember you well, despite the passing of more years than I care to mention. Life here in Oz is good. Where are you these days? I left Lloret for a young lady from Wales....sadly that didn't come to anything so I stayed on in the UK before heading down here to the land that time forgot.

How long did you stay on for, and what have you been up to since?

Sorry for the delayed response.....only a couple of years late.....!

Anonymous said...

Hi.Norman,
glad to here your this side of hell,still live in Manchester, married the girl (Barbara) i met there the year i worked with you.had 3 kids sadly lost one when she was 14 Tara, my son ben teaches english in Japan, my daughter Alex just back from Bondi (sidney) she was there for a year, wants to go back to teach, needs a teaching degree,so she got a place at uni for a year ,seen Phil Mc dermott in Bournmoth last lear but mised Totty he lives next dood in Pool Dorset. Lardie (Colin) lives in Jersey)and Alan lives in north Wales, seen he a few times at the United game,how quickly 40 years have gone. p s Isobel wasnt the best boss i ever had , but the best looking , take care and in touch Fin

Anonymous said...

just testing ????????