Click here for the 2011 reunion pics!


Jan 9, 2011

Photos from Mariano..

Istanbul Disco 1970
 Thanks to Mariano for the photos which I just received this morning . This is  a copy of Mariano's email
....I was working in Lloret about eight years in Foto Cine LLoses,the first three years (1970,71,72) taken pictures in the most popular pubs and discotheques of LLoret,Captains Arms,Corner Inn,PP,s disco,White Horse,West Coast,Jamaica Tavern,Moef ga-ga,Western Saloon,Londoner,Istambul disco,Topo'T'Top,and sometimes Revolution, Maxim's, Saint Trop,Moby Dick,El Toril,Maritim, etc.doing this job, I had the oportunity of to meet a lot of people of many countrys and a lot of workers from England and Scotland, from your blog, I want to send greetings to all and specially to the friends, girls and boys, who was working wiht me in Foto LLoses, and the best wishes to everybody. I'm Mariano from Zaragoza. I send to the blog four pictures, the first one from Istambul disco(1970) the second from the West Coast(1971)
West Coast 1971

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

note the sign on the door of the west coast -air conditioned !! i never remember it being air conditioned, it was like a sweat box !!!

jill said...

What it meant was that they opened the big window facing the beach. I recognise the guy on the left on both pictures, just can't think of a name

joemac said...

even worse free entry lol

Gaz McGowan said...

And you can't beat a pint of Red Barrel or Skol

Malc Coombs said...

Jill, its the guy who sent the photos in..Mariano. In 1978 he ended up sort of running foto Lloses because you may remember that Ernie was taken ill, I think with hepatitis. Mariano was a nice bloke, very softly spoken.

jill said...

You are right, I thought the name was familiar too, he was lovely, from memory I think he did the photos from the fire, horrible job. It sent me adrift when he mentioned the years in his comment, i misread what he had said

Unknown said...

Hi Jill, the pictures from the big fire were taken by Isidro, a spanish guy who had the shop rented at the time. Mariano and I worked together for many years but we have lost contact. Mariano, if you reads this, please send me a message: jlmolist@hotmail.com
I'm Jordi and I have many good memories but hardly any photos, funny enough being a photographer all my life.

jill said...

Jordi, are you the Jordi that was with Sue? If I get names wrong you will have to forgive me, I swear my memory gets worse as I get older lol. I worked at Lloses in 78 and 79 with Sandra. I did the hotels at first then ended up doing the whole of fanals and lloret, pubs as well. Poor Sandra use to drive me all over

Unknown said...

Hi Jill, sorry for the delay. You're right, we got married in 1980 and still together! Coqueta is her horse's name, she's horse crazy. Yeah, we're all getting on and our memory too. In fact we can't place you as Jill, maybe if you stick a photo. Sandra's fine, still around with Harry. Had a nice chat over the blower with Mariano tonite, it was great. Best rgds. Jordi

jill said...

I usually meet up with Sandra when I am over and some of the other girls, we get ourselves for a menu somewhere. Nice to hear from you. Are you living in the UK or still in Spain somewhere. There are a few photos of me on already, I will have a look and see which ones. I worked for Ted in 76, 77 then on to Lloses. I was friends with Claire Watson, June Toland and Mel Jackson amongst others and Lynn who was married to Ernie.

Anonymous said...

Hello Malc Coombs,thanks for your comment,Mariano

Anonymous said...

Jill,any news about Ernie?