Click here for the 2011 reunion pics!


Jun 17, 2011

El Duke Pictures


 Thanks to Ray for sending these photos from the El Duke bar. Ray has got everyone scratching their heads wondering where this bar was! The nearest we have got so far is a bar which was called the Duke of Wellington as Debbie suggested, this has also been mentioned by other people I've spoke to in Lloret. Looking close at the layout of the bar I dont think it could be, my guess would be one of the bars on the road leading from the fire station down towards the back of the Aquarium Hotel...2 possible bars are what are now called El Paso and the Moncayo or one of the other buildings there. I'll have to go in and have a word with them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The top picture shows me with people from Oxford and Heckmondwike near Bradford.
The middle pic shows me with owners of the bar(guy in blue shirt and the woman).
The bottom pic is the owners and bar staff, the girl on the left was Irish - Sorry cant remember any names!

squizz said...

Top photo does look like Moncayo with the folding patio doors that opened on to the terrace which was all the way around the corner. I worked there for Theresa and Ramon 91/92, I would say the other photos are definately from the Duke of Welly in Fanals next to Buzzby's.

Neil SIlvey said...

I worked in the bar over the 1999 season. It was next door to Busby's.
Used to be Me and my mate (who defected from Busbys) and run by two Spanish lads that year. Cant say our business model was all that but the fun we had oh my!
I will sort through my old photos from and upload them to you.

Jackie said...

That would be great Neil, please send them to my email jackiereindl@gmail.com....πŸ‘πŸ»