Click here for the 2011 reunion pics!


Jun 3, 2011

Ron's photos - Cerdanya


More new photos! Thanks to Ron for the latest batch the first two to be published are from the Cerdanya about 1973.
Names which Ron kindly added are....


Cerdanya Front : - Some of the staff in 1973 L to R, Rafael,  (Me) Ron, Antonio (Waiter) and Dusty (Handyman).
Cerdanya Staff : - Antonio, Steve (Waiter, Now lives in Norway) Ricky (Lives in Widnes), Ron and Derek.

Some of you may remember Ron, here's part of his email...
I am originally from Warrington and was asked by Ricky Scragg (Then co-owner of the Cerdanya Bar with Robin Sabine) would I be interested in managing a bar in Spain (I was at the time manager of a night club in Warrington called "The Hamlet". Geoff worked on the door with me.). I said that sounds interesting when do I start, that was on a Wednesday, the reply was Sunday, so off I went, that was in 1973.

I managed the "Cerdanya" in 1973, 75 and 1976 returned with my now wife, in 1977.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello All,

I was there in 1973 as my dad, Eric Allen, had an interest in the Cerdanya and had invested in other bars and a nightclub with Ricky and Robin.

I, along with my 2 brothers and 2 sisters and mum, stayed for a month in the summer of 1973.

My dad owned the 'hamlet' club in Warrington.

I remember Ron well both from Warrington and Spain.

He took us out when we were there and as I remember as a 15 year old boy, a lot of fun.

I grew up a bit that holiday as also there was Luis who the previous year had worked in the Hamlet and stayed with us at our house in St Helens for a few months.

Mike Allen

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike.
I remember you well, I am what I am today, in part, due to the influence of your father, Eric. He always told me "If you want anything go and get it".

I am still living in Warrington and along with a few others will be visiting Lloret for the reunion on September 23rd.

Ron Berry

Unknown said...

Hi Ron its Gaina , Ricks daughter , awesome pics x

Carlos-the-camera said...

Hi, Carl here from Leeds, Cerdanya was my uncle Robins bar and my granny took me and my sister Aug ‘72 for a month. We had time of our lives, swimming and shopping by day, bar and then restaurants by nite , getting to bed by 2am, and I was only 10 at the time lol BBC Nationwide came and filmed a piece on ‘Janie Scott’ who won one of Robins talent competitions and was so good he asked her to stay on all season, sending her hubby an kids back home ha. I REM to girls around 18 yrs old from Manchester, Susan Peacock and her friend was ****** Evans ?, love to hear from them , Seems that infamous bar is now sadly, a pharmacist ,,,,,happy days

Gary said...

Hi everyone, I know it’s been a while since the last post but I’ve only just discovered this page.
I played guitar in Robin’s Bar for one season, ‘86-‘87 I think, accompanying his wife, Sue.
Paco was the main waiter but I’ve not managed to find him on social media.
I have photos but see no way of posting them here, I probably need to look harder!

Jackie said...

Hi Gary you can easily post any photos to the Lloret de Mar Old stuff Facebook page, you can find the link on this blog above…thanks in advance.