Click here for the 2011 reunion pics!


Apr 25, 2012

Ramon - Foto Lloses

I've just received an email from Mariano who worked for Foto Lloses and has sent in lots of photos for the blog. This time his email contained 2 photos and also some sad news about Ramon.
This is Mariano's email......


Buenas noches Jackie,last Friday (20 -Abril-2012) died mister Ramón Lloses,in honour of him, I send to your blog two pictures, he took the first one ( the staff of  Foto Lloses) in 1976, the second picture, is Mariano taken a photo of the place more representative and more photographed of Lloret (The Castle). Last year, talking with Ramón Lloses, he told me that perhaps, several thousands and thousands of pics was in Europe taken by his photographers,the best job of my life, who I enjoy very much and bring me very good memories it was in Lloret,in Foto Lloses,that´s why I send the picture of the Castle, because around of it, I spent the best years of my youth, till the next e-mail, greetings from Mariano

11 comments:

jill said...

ha ha look at ernie and sandra x I am sorry to hear about ramon, he was lovely to work for. I remember when he tried to persuade me to go and take photos of the fire and indeed, I think it was you that took them mariano x

Jackie said...

What fire was that Jill?

sue said...

Very sad to hear about Ramon, got on well with him, carolyn and i went to see him a couple of years ago at the barbecue always pleased to see us he was a nice man

Mariano said...

Hola Jill,you are wrong,because Conchita´s husband,Isidro, was who took the pictures of the fire near of Lloret Blau,that day,I was at home in Zaragoza,ill,about it,I never back to Lloret for work.Greetings from Mariano

jill said...

Yes you are right, forgive my memory, not what it use to be. Jackie it was the big fire near lloret blau, it was terrible, a lot of people lost their lives. Would it have been 1978?

Jackie said...

Its the first I've heard about it Jill, strange its not been mentioned before.

Anonymous said...

It was the first week of August of 1979

jill said...

I always remember the bbc ringing the rob roy and albie answered the phone, he must have been on a bit of a bender cos he didn't even know there was a fire at first. It was dreadful jackie, I always remember one of the photos was of a body still with the frying pan in his hand, the fire had spread that quick. There were rumours that the fires had been lit deliberately so that the land could then be used to build houses on, I think it was a protected area before x

sue said...

I dont remember the fire at all x

lynne said...

remember it well mostly because here in england you never saw bodies in any disaster but on the tv and papers in spain it was normal to show every horrid detail,charred bodies etc.

Anonymous said...

Once again, very sad to hear about Ramon, in all fairness to him he must have had a bloody good innings. All of my pics are taken by him. RIP Ramon
Russ