Click here for the 2011 reunion pics!


Nov 17, 2012

Photos of old photos!


There is a very interesting photo exhibition on in Lloret just now..here are just a few shots of some of the photos which I thought would be suitable for the 'Old Stuff'


 This is the Hotel Fenals where Auntie Jean stayed a few times in the late 50s early 60s, when I first saw this photo I thought it might have been her in the picture but looking closer I dont think it is!
 Lloret seafront 1955, if you look closely you can see that the 'Dona Mariner' statue isnt yet in place on the far rock.
Everyones favourite chicken place..I'm not sure how right it is but I've heard that it has now closed for good!

....................................

8 comments:

Anonymous said...


Please, Please, say your wrong, Not the El Rick closed.
Finbarr Smyth

Jackie said...

That's what I've heard Fin....Hope its wrong, but will keep you posted if I hear any more.

Anonymous said...

have just checked, yes, it is true, closed down!! terrible news, least we still have Pedro's

Lindapicc said...

Noooooo

Anonymous said...

oh no, cant believe el rics has closed after all these years, thank goodness for la campana !!

Anonymous said...

Sad,sad,sad, remember well going in there on the way home from work (about 3am or later)and getting bread in chicken "juice?) for 5 pesetas!

Anonymous said...

mmm the chicken juice was the best ever

Anonymous said...

what is a peseta?