Click here for the 2011 reunion pics!


Apr 3, 2014

A message from Murph

I received this nice message from Murph this morning, he's been looking through the photos and remembering his time in Lloret de Mar....

My nickname is Murph.
Given name Michael Mungovan
I am American by birth (not my fault)!
I was a European Tour Guide in the mid-80's
for a German company called Wolff Reisen
that catered to American service men & their families.

My favorite tour - BY FAR - was Lloret de Mar
for many reasons.  I was not aloud to "guide" in Spain
so as soon as we came into town, we were greeted 
with sangria & I turned over my group to 
Juan Santa Creo (spelling) Tours & told them that if they needed anything I
would be at the hotel bar between 4 and 5 pm.  We stayed  primarily at the Xaine Park (loved it),
the Monterey (more secluded) or at-the-time-a-new-build Samba(?);
It was across the street or close, kinda, to the 
Scotch Corner, which bring me to my point...

With Juan's people taking care of my people, I had 24 hours a day to party
for the next 7 to 10 days.  I was always roaming around, day & night but
my "local" became Scotch Corner & my friend became Stuart McKay.
At the end of the tour, I would pick up a commission check
from Juan for all the daily trip's my people did & head back to Germany for another group
hopefully re-assigned to Lloret de Mar.

With all that said, (I could go on) I stumbled across your site today & spent some time on it, enjoying it & 
remembered I have probably a dozen pictures of the time taken at Scotch Corner with Stuart, employees, customers...
that I have to dig out of an old shoebox, scan & send to you!
I'll do my best to label the names of those I remember as it was 30 years ago
Give me until the end of the weekend & you will have them to do what you will.
I'm excited!  Thank for what you are doing.
Nice job!  Perhaps someday I will make it back!

Best,
Murph

No comments: