Click here for the 2011 reunion pics!


Sep 20, 2008

Sergeant Peppers

Since I started this site I've had lots of good feed back from everyone, and where ever I go in Lloret people always have something to say about the latest photo! Just recently I've seen Stuart (from Homers) who has been trying to put a comment on for Angus, but without success so far. If any one has the same problem an alternative way to get your message across is to just go to the top of left hand column and click on where it says - 'View my complete profile' you can then contact me by Email, and forward any message to me. I'll then put your comments in the blog for you.

These photos were sent in (via email) by Anthony Angus a while ago, along with details of each photo, and also a brief description of what he is doing these days!

''Inside Sgt Peppers the year before it was refurbished. The womans name was Carmen, and the guy with the tartan sash was Jack from Edinburgh (I'm sure you'll remember him, he worked in the kitchen in the Pic for years. He died suddenly outside Sgt Peppers one night) We went to meet his parents in Edinburgh afterwards which was not nice, but I'm sure they appreciated it''

''I worked in Sgt Peppers for about five seasons for Andy Milroy, and then the last year there I was up at Scotch Corner with Stuart McKay and Stevie.
I met my wife Jane in Lloret and we're married with an 8 year old daughter now . We live in East Kilbride in Scotland.
I've been off work since June after an accident on holiday in Turkey, but I'm recovering well touch wood, and will hopefully make a full recovery by next year.''

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

guy in pic at bottom with angus is ramone the fella use to be the main photographer in lloret workers use to get discount if they could get holiday makers to buy the piccis.. great guy x and nice to see the picci of jack it was a terrible thing to happen but he was a great guy . Regards to Angus too .. Wee Max

Anonymous said...

trabajo aqui ! the most Spanish a lot of workers knew, it got one of Ramons fotos for 100pts !

Maggie (badges) x

Anonymous said...

Ramone used to eat our pub out of toothpicks...and if you spoke to him real nice you got your pic for free...I heard he passed away a while ago...he will be sadly missed as he was everybodys uncle

Davie uno (sweeney todds)

bomshankar said...

Ramon,what a top guy, he had a very strong andulician accent. I met him in Plaza de Paris, not long before he died and had a good chat with. He always knew when there was a workers birthday and the big piss ups for the England v Scotland games , when the workers all met up in the Rob Roy. will call in Buzzby on my way back from Morocco, soon

Anonymous said...

I was there when Ramon & Angus had this picture taken (1985), you can't see it but Angus had hold of Ramon's privates at the time, although I'm sure Ramon though it was the girl squeezing him at the time, Tojo.

Trevor Cooke said...

Just caught up with Anthony Angus my old workmate at Sgt Peppers in 1985. I was the DJ he talks about. What a great year we had and sad to say I haven't been back since. However I'll be over to celebrate our 25th anniversary in September after the peak season of my holiday park work in Silloth, Cumbria. Can't wait! Love to catch up with old friends if possible.

Trevor Cooke said...

Still treasure my collection of Ramon's photos from my time at Sweeney Todds and Sgt Peppers. They're like a bible to me!

Anonymous said...

Ahh that was me in the photo with Angy and Ramon, what a lovely guy Ramon was and always up for a laugh as you can see from the photo. I worked at Sgt Peppers 1985 when i was 18, good times.