Click here for the 2011 reunion pics!


Oct 5, 2008

A wedding in Lloret !

These photo's were sent to me by Joan, she has also kindly given all the names and the years they were taken. (Thanks again, Joan)
''The first picture Stevie Lynch was taken in the Buccaneer in 1980 left to right Saxon Chico ( Charlie Wrigley and Stevie Lynch''.


''Second was a mock wedding that was held in the Duke of York in 1978, two of the workers got married (mock) and it was such a great day, we all had our invitations someone dessed up as a minister and we had food and music. From left to right in the picture is Val Winters (my sister ) John Newlove ,Bev from Doncaster, Wayne, Pete from Doncaster, he actually wrote a song about working in Lloret, only few words I can remember is " Oh Lloret Oh Lloret this is one place I'll never forget !" There was another chorus "On the beach on the beach that is the place that we always meet ! Maybe some one knows the song. Then there is myself at the end, my maiden name is Joan Winters and I worked in Rosy's restaurant on San Pedro, one of Maurice's restaurants''

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phil is next to bev. Pete Thomson went over to Lloret with me. He worked in West Coast with Andy for a while. Nice fella. Last I heard he was back in Doncaster but I havn't bumped into him for years

Anonymous said...

sorry, alzheimers again, not PeteThomson but Pete Flannery

jill mckay said...

Joan pete flannery is now on my friends list in f/b and he has given us the words for the lloret song, I had forgotten all about it till you mentioned it, well done x

jill said...

and its not phil next to pete on photo it is vince, sorry, alzheimers