Click here for the 2011 reunion pics!


Dec 31, 2011

Can we help Ross?

 
Ross has sent in this email wanting any info about his uncle Roy Jennings who worked in Lloret in the 80s. He has come across a photo of him on the site, which you can see by scrolling back to 17th December.
If anyone out there can give any information about Roy please leave a comment under this post....it would be nice to fill in a few gaps for Ross's family at this time of year.

I have just stumbled across your 'Lloret De Mar Old Stuff' site by accident tonight whilst trying to research the area in the 80's.
My uncle used to live and work in Lloret in the mid to late 70's through to the mid 80's.
Sadly he died in Lloret in 1986 and I'm trying to find people that may of known him well and may have information about his life and death.?

Weirdly by a unbelievable coincidence he is in a photo that was posted earlier this month by a Brian!!!!
I have commented to ask about him on the photos comments.

I wanted to contact you to see if you may be able to help me please?
I've never used blogging style sites but I was wondering if you could do a general announcement to call to anybody that uses your site for information on my uncle.?

Sorry if this is asking too much but I really want to find more about him and his life.
My grandparents were too hurt and didn't handle losing him very well so they played ignorant as their way of dealing with it, leaving us knowing very little.
Even my father his brother doesn't seem too informed about his Spanish life and it being so many years later his memory isn't helping!

Hope you can help me.

Happy new year.

Regards,
Ross.

4 comments:

RossJ said...

Thanks so much Jackie,
My uncles name was Roy Jennings, he was from Wellington in Somerset, England. I don't know alot about his life in Lloret, I think he started out as a rep for 'Enterprise' holidays & by the end he co ran his own company called 'Europa S.A.' handling apartments to rent & buy.
I believe he had a business partner which my father recalls called Neil Guppy, however I have a news clipping of Roy's which refers to someone as Victor Nehil Upy.?? Don't know if this may be a typo error or if this was his real name and he used Neil Guppy for simplicity reasons.?
Like I've commented on Brian's photos, Roy is in the one which show people behind the bar in Topo 't' pops, I have no knowledge if he worked there.??
I have some photos which I could send maybe someone will recognise themselves?

Thanks again, happy new year to you!
Ross.

John said...

Jackie,I reckon Keith or Cyril might know him.

Jackie said...

Thanks John, I'll start asking around now that we've got Xmas and new year out of the way!

Anonymous said...

Anyone know what happened to Ted Law ?I knew him weii in 70's