Click here for the 2011 reunion pics!


Mar 14, 2012

A photo from Suzie in Texas!

Suzie has recently sent in this photo of her boyfriend which was taken outside Texas in August 1979, I dont think any of our readers will remember Steve pictured here as he only spent 1 night in Lloret but the story the photo is amazing!
Suzie is now living in Texas...(USA not the bar!)
(Thanks for sharing this with us Suzie!)

There is a little story behind the picture as wrote by Suzie...

As I mentioned, Steve (the guy in the picture) was backpacking across Europe
in August 1979 with one of his friends and spent a day and a night in Lloret
de Mar.  They partied at the Texas Saloon that night and since he was from
Texas everyone at the Saloon was talking to him and buying him tequila
Shots :-) (that's one part of the story)

Part 2.
I was traveling in Europe in July 1979 and spent my 19th birthday in Lloret
de Mar, among other pubs and bars, I also ended up at the Texas Saloon.

Part 3
Steve and I have been together for 5 years now and we were looking through
some of his old pictures and found the one I sent you... that's when we
figured out that we were there only a week apart - me in July and he was
there in August 79.  Too funny - our paths almost crossed 30 some years ago,
before we knew each other - at the Texas Saloon in Lloret de Mar :-)
Happy Springtime to all the Lloret de Mar folks :-)

No comments: