Click here for the 2011 reunion pics!


Mar 15, 2012

Ricky's Bar Closes


Ricky in Blanes has taken the sad step and decided to close his bar in Blanes....Heres a personal message from Ricky which he recently placed on his website-

AS OF EASTER THIS YEAR ,RICKY´S WILL BE CLOSING IT´S DOORS  AS I AM LEAVING THE BAR AFTER 25 YEARS.
THIS IS A PERSONAL DECISION AND I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THANK EVERYBODY FOR THE SUPPORT AND FABULOUS  TIMES I HAVE HAD IN THE BAR DURING THIS TIME.
I  WILL BE STAYING IN BLANES BUT AFTER WORKING NEARLY EVERY NIGHT FOR ALL THOSE  YEARS , I DON´T WANT TO LEAVE THE BAR IN A COFFIN AS I AM SURE MOST OF YOU WILL APPRECIATE.
LIFE GOES ON AND LASTLY A BIG THANK YOU TO MARGARET FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME....
ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU .....
Rickys latest photo from the bar taken yesterday with Andy and Billy.
I'm sure we all wish Ricky all the best and good luck in what ever he decides to do after he closes.

15 comments:

debbie said...

That's a shame for the good folk of Blanes, but a damn wise decision IMO. Once you get out Ricky, you'll wonder how you ever did it for all those years. I'm still amazed how I managed to work 7 days a week from 10 pm till 7 am :) Best of luck to you and Margaret.

max pax enanue xx said...

Whatever you decide to do Ricky may I take this moment of wishing you all the best . I had the pleasure of Working with you in Lloret during the Winter and a laugh a minute with you .. Your one of the originals and like Tina Turner says ... Your Simply the Best .. Enjoy in what you do .. Max

Scoo said...

Ricky,now it your time so look after Margaret and your self ,You are one of the best i met in Lloret thanks for all you don for me. Scoo +Toni xxx

Mick Fitsall Romance disco said...

All the best big man.

jill said...

All the best to you and Margaret for your 'retirement'. I am sure you will find plenty to fill your days and it won't be long before you wonder when you found the time to work. Good luck to you and lots of love x

Anonymous said...

good luck Ricky, and enjoy a well desrerved rest !! Vilma & Nigel xx

frank said...

is rivky allowed to read these comments.He is not on face book anymore.Jacky iast endve given linda some old pictures.I had a few pints with Andy last weekendover in the e

Jackie said...

Frank....I'll send Ricky a message to say there's some messages here for him....I'm sure he will have seen them by now though!

Rickyblanes said...

Thanks to everyone for the comments but all things come to an end....

joemac said...

good luck ricky in whatever you do next...enjoy your free time

LA UVA LYNNE said...

MAKE THE MOST OF IT AS AM SURE YOU WILL AND ALL THE BEST X

terri said...

Up and onwards Ricky, time to chillax now, enjoy, all my best wishes Terri xxxx

Anonymous said...

Via con Dios ermanno!....OOOooooo2beeeaaahhh!

Rob said...

Good luck, Ricky! Thanks for all the good times!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear this I went there for my first holiday .we had a gf few games of darts along the way played the locals and of course Ricky .took a gf few rounds of them brilliant wee pub